Ian Mcewan once said, “Nails tell a lot about a person, when life unravels, the nails are the first to go”. Nails are an integral part of a woman’s personality and the amount she cares for herself can be gauged by how the nails are kept. Taking good care of one’s nails are an important part of grooming. But taking good care of nails is not something that can be done overnight, it is a regular affair that needs some attention. Here are a few tips on how to care for your nails:
2. Massage your nails regularly: Use cotton balls dipped in fresh lime juice to massage your finger nails after a bath. After the massage rinse well in Luke warm water. This will make your nails shiny, firm and radiant.
3. Remedies to clean your nails: Often times, the nails are not cleaned properly because of tough stains and dirt. Here are a few tricks to get the dirt out:
- Squeeze half a lemon into a cup of luke warm water and soak your fingers and toes in them. The soaking must not last for more than about 3 to 4 minutes. Once you take your hands and feet off the lemon water, wash them in running warm water and pat dry. Then apply a moisturizing hand cream. This will help remove stains on your nails.
- For a therapeutic nail care regime, dip your toenails and finger nails in a vessel of mustard oil that is lukewarm for about 8 to 10 minutes. Once that is done rub both your hands together in a way of massage. This helps increase the blood circulation. When done regularly, your fingernails are sure to get strong and fit.
- The best way to harden soft and tender finger nails is to dip your hands in warm olive oil for about 20 minutes every second day.
4. Do NOT bite your nails: Biting your nails or aggressively cleaning out the underneath of nails can cause stress fractures around the corners and edges of the nails. Some women have a habit of rubbing the top of nails; this can also cause breaks and cracks.
5. Wear warm gloves during the winter: The cold weather is sure to make your nails brittle, weak and dry. So make sure you wear a pair of warm gloves with a soft lining.
These pointers are sure to keep your nails strong and beautiful. Apart from regular regimes, make sure you go to the parlour every fortnight to keep them sparkly and princess like.