Hair loss is a normal and common issue that most people face, be it men or women. It may not be a life threatening situation, but still there could be some underlying health problem or it could just be that the hair is not getting the needed nourishment. There are few natural home remedies that can help in reducing hair loss to a good extent, thereby ensuring shining and healthy hair. Read on to find out what some of the effective natural remedies are –
- Massage your scalp gently with warm coconut oil or lavender oil as this helps a lot in reducing hair fall. This should be followed on a regular basis (at least weekly once). Massaging the scalp helps in good blood circulation, thus keeping the hair follicles active
- Coconut milk is one of the richest sources for nourishing the tissues. Grind grated coconut in a mixer and squeeze out the juice. This can be massaged on the scalp to assist in hair fall management.
- Treat your scalp with any one of these juices – ginger, garlic or onion and leave it overnight. You can wear a shower cap or hot towel for enhanced absorption. Wash your hair in the morning using a protein rich shampoo
- The Aloe-Vera juice is also highly effective in preventing hair loss. You can apply pure Aloe-Vera gel to the scalp directly. This will help to reduce hair loss if it is due to infected, dry or irritated scalp and also balance its pH level. Massage your head with Aloe-Vera gel and wash your hair with lukewarm water after few hours. Follow this at least twice a week.
- Brew two green tea bags in one cup of water and allow it to cool down a bit. Apply this on the hair and rinse off after an hour.
- Mix lemon juice and fresh amla juice in equal quantities. Make use of this mixture as shampoo for washing your hair as it prevents hair thinning and promotes growth of hair.
- Apart from beauty and health benefits, neem is also known to have few useful hair benefits. Boil few neem leaves in water till the level of water reduces to half of its initial quantity. Allow this mixture to cool down and rinse your hair with it once in a week to prevent hair fall.
All of the above discussed home remedies are very effective in reducing hair loss. Try them out; but, apart from that, it is also crucial that you follow a healthy diet and lifestyle to reduce hair loss and promote growth. However, if you find a huge part of the scalp going thin due to hair loss, it is advised that you seek assistance from a professional hair consultant like The Hair Consultancy Clinic with several years of experience in handling hair related issues and prescribing the right medications to overcome the problem.